Terms and Conditions
Official Terms & Conditions of the Perlin Ambassador & Bounty Programs
The Perlin Network Bounty Programs Terms and Conditions (“Terms“) cover your participation in the Perlin Network Bounty Program, Perlin Ambassadors, Perlin Community Building Activities, Perlin Community Building Competitions and Perlin Network Bug Bounty Program (herein collectively known as the “Program“). These Terms are between you and Perlin Network (“Perlin,” “us” or “we“). By participating in the Program in any manner, you accept these Terms.
The Program enables participants to engage in particular activities (as defined in the relevant Program documentation posted on the Perlin website and official community channels) for a chance to earn rewards in an amount determined by Perlin in its sole discretion (“Bounty“). The decisions made by Perlin regarding Bounties are final and binding on participants. Perlin may change or cancel the Program at any time, for any reason.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We may change these Terms at any time, for any reason, at our sole discretion. Participating in the Program after the changes become effective means you agree to the new Terms. If you don’t agree to the new Terms, you must not participate in the Program. If you wish to opt-out of the Program and not be considered for Bounties, contact us at [email protected]. Opting out will not affect any licenses granted to Perlin in any Submissions provided by you.
You ARE eligible to participate in the Program if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You are 14 years of age or older. If you are at least 14 years old but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you must obtain your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to participating in this Program; and
- You are either an individual participating in your own individual capacity, or you work for an organization that permits you to participate. You are responsible for reviewing your employer’s rules for participating in this Program.
You ARE NOT eligible to participate in the Program if you meet any of the following criteria:
- You are under the age of 14;
- Your organization does not allow you to participate in these types of programs;
- You are currently an employee of Perlin or a Perlin affiliate, or an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, or child) or household member of such an employee;
- Within the six months prior to providing us your Submission you were an employee of Perlin or a Perlin affiliate;
- You currently (or within six months prior providing to us your Submission) perform services for Perlin or a Perlin affiliate in an external staff capacity, such as agency temporary worker, vendor employee, business guest, or contractor; or
- You are or were involved in any part of the development, administration, and/or execution of this Program.
It is your responsibility to comply with any policies that your employer may have that would affect your eligibility to participate in the Program. If you are participating in violation of your employer’s policies, you may be disqualified from participating or receiving any Bounty. All payments will be made in compliance with local laws, regulations, and ethics rules. Perlin disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for disputes arising between an employee and their employer related to this matter. There may be additional restrictions on your ability to enter depending upon your local law. By agreeing to these Terms, you confirm that you are complying with these laws.
SUBMISSION OF CONTENT & EVIDENCE OF PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITIES OR MODERATION ACTIVITIES
The Program enables users to complete each the following tasks:
- Translation of of Perlin documentation, materials and content to a language other than English;
- Produce content in the form of written text, graphic design or video (“Content”), including (but not limited to) posts on social media and/or public forums;
- Activities specifically aimed at promoting Perlin on social media and/or public sites (“Promotional Activities”), including (but not limited to) participation in public discussion and dissemination of Perlin Content on public forums such as Reddit, Telegram and Discord;
- Moderation of community discussion (“Moderation Activities”) in relation to Perlin on public forums such as Reddit, Telegram and Discord; and
- Any other tasks eligible for Bounty rewards as defined by Perlin at its sole discretion in the future.
If you wish to participate in the completion of any of the above tasks, may submit your Content or supporting evidence of engagement in Promotional Activities or Moderation Activities to Perlin through the following process:
Each item of Content or supporting evidence of engagement in Promotional Activities or Moderation Activities submitted to Perlin shall be a “Submission.” Submissions must sent to [email protected]. Please include sufficient information and evidence to allow Perlin to assess your Content or validate your Promotional Activities or Moderation Activities.
Depending on the detail of your Submission, Perlin may award a Bounty of varying scale. High quality Content and clear evidence of engagement in Promotional Activities or Moderation Activities are more likely to result in Bounties. Those Submissions that do not meet the minimum standards applied by Perlin at its sole discretion are considered incomplete and not eligible for Bounties. Perlin is not responsible for Submissions that we do not receive for any reason. If you do not receive a confirmation email after making your Submission, notify Perlin at [email protected] to ensure your Submission was received.
There are no restrictions on the number of Submissions you can provide and potentially be paid a Bounty for. If you submit Content or supporting evidence of engagement in Promotional Activities or Moderation Activities for a product or service that is not covered by the Program at the time you submitted it, you will not be eligible to receive Bounty payments if the product or service is later added to the Program.
If we receive multiple items of Content or evidence of Promotional Activities or Moderation Activities relating to the same issue from different parties, the Bounty will be granted to the first eligible Submission.
SUBMISSION OF VULNERABILITY REPORTS
The Program enables users to submit vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques (“Vulnerabilities“) to Perlin about eligible Perlin products and services (“Products“) for a chance to earn a Bounty.
If you believe you have identified a Vulnerability that meets the applicable requirements set forth in the Terms, you may submit it to Perlin through the following process:
Each Vulnerability submitted to Perlin shall be a “Submission.” Submissions must be sent to <SUPPORT EMAIL>. In the initial email, specify the Vulnerability details, and specific product version numbers you used to validate your research. Please also include as much of the following information as possible:
- Type of issue (private/public key exploits, chain splitting events, equihash related exploits etc.)
- Product and version that contains the bug
- Any special configuration required to reproduce the issue
- Step-by-step instructions to reproduce the issue on a fresh install
- Proof-of-concept or exploit code
- Impact of the issue, including how an attacker could exploit the issue
You must follow Coordinated Vulnerability Disclosure (CVD) when reporting all Vulnerabilities to Perlin. Submissions that do not follow CVD may not be eligible for Bounties and not following CVD could disqualify you from participating in the Program in the future.
Depending on the detail of your Submission, Perlin may award a Bounty of varying scale. Well-written reports and functional exploits are more likely to result in Bounties. Those Submissions that do not meet the minimum bar described above are considered incomplete and not eligible for Bounties. Perlin is not responsible for Submissions that we do not receive for any reason. If you do not receive a confirmation email after making your Submission, notify Perlin at [email protected] to ensure your Submission was received.
There are no restrictions on the number of qualified Submissions you can provide and potentially be paid a Bounty for. If you submit a Vulnerability for a product or service that is not covered by the Program at the time you submitted it, you will not be eligible to receive Bounty payments if the product or service is later added to the Program.
If we receive multiple vulnerability or bug reports for the same issue from different parties, the Bounty will be granted to the first eligible Submission. If a duplicate report provides new information that was previously unknown to Perlin, we may award a differential to the person submitting the duplicate report. If you report a Vulnerability without a functioning exploit, you may be eligible for a partial Bounty. If you submit the functioning exploit within 90 days of submitting the Vulnerability, we may, in our discretion, provide an additional Bounty payment (but are not obligated to do so).
CONFIDENTIALITY OF SUBMISSIONS OF VULNERABILITY REPORTS & RESTRICTIONS ON DISCLOSURE
Protecting stakeholders is Perlin’s highest priority. We endeavor to address each Vulnerability report in a timely manner. We require that Bounty Submissions remain confidential and cannot be disclosed to third parties or as part of paper reviews or conference submissions until you are notified by Perlin in writing that the vulnerability has been fixed. You can make available high-level descriptions of your research and non-reversible demonstrations after the Vulnerability is fixed. We require that detailed proof-of-concept exploit code and details that would make attacks easier on customers be withheld for 30 days after the Vulnerability is fixed. Perlin will notify you when the Vulnerability in your Submission is fixed. You may be paid prior to the fix being released and payment should not be taken as notification of fix completion. VIOLATIONS OF THIS SECTION COULD REQUIRE YOU TO RETURN ANY BOUNTIES PAID FOR THAT VULNERABILITY AND DISQUALIFY YOU FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM IN THE FUTURE.
Perlin is not claiming any ownership rights to your Submission. However, by providing any Submission to Perlin, you:
- grant Perlin the following non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free, worldwide, sub-licensable license to the intellectual property in your Submission: (i) to use, review, assess, test, and otherwise analyze your Submission; (ii) to reproduce, modify, distribute, display and perform publicly, and commercialize and create derivative works of your Submission and all its content, in whole or in part; and (iii) to feature your Submission and all of its content in connection with the marketing, sale, or promotion of this Program or other programs (including internal and external sales meetings, conference presentations, trade shows, and screen shots of the Submission in press releases) in all media (now known or later developed);
- agree to sign any documentation that may be required for us or our designees to confirm the rights you granted above;
- understand and acknowledge that Perlin may have developed or commissioned materials similar or identical to your Submission, and you waive any claims you may have resulting from any similarities to your Submission;
- understand that you are not guaranteed any compensation or credit for use of your Submission; and
- represent and warrant that your Submission is your own work, that you haven’t used information owned by another person or entity, and that you have the legal right to provide the Submission to Perlin.
SUBMISSION REVIEW PROCESS
After a Submission is sent to Perlin Network in accordance with Sections 4 and 5 (above), Perlin staff will review the Submission and validate its eligibility. The review time will vary depending on the complexity and completeness of your Submission, as well as on the number of Submissions we receive. Perlin retains sole discretion in determining which Submissions are qualified.
The decisions made by Perlin Network regarding Bounties are final and binding on participants.
If we have determined that your Submission is eligible for a Bounty, we will notify you of the Bounty amount and provide you with the necessary paperwork to process your payment. You may waive the payment if you do not wish to receive a Bounty.
If there is a dispute as to who the qualified submitter is, we will consider the eligible submitter to be the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter the Program.
Before receiving a Bounty, you are required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility (a formal statement that verifies your personal information), a Liability/Publicity Release (which provides permission for Perlin to use your name and likeness without pursuing future claims). If you want to remain anonymous to the public, we will honor your request, but we must know your legal name in order to pay you. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed or do not return the required forms within the time period listed on the notification message, we may not provide payment. We cannot process payment until we have received the fully executed required documentation.
If your Submission qualifies for a Bounty, please note:
- you may not designate someone else as the Bounty;
- if you are eligible for this Program but are at least 14 years old and considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the Bounty to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf and require them to sign all required forms on your behalf. The Bounty will be added to the taxable income of your parent/legal guardian;
- if you are unable or unwilling to accept your Bounty, we reserve the right to rescind it; and
- if you accept a Bounty, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the payment(s). Perlin will have no responsibility for determining the necessity of or for issuing any formal invoices, or for determining, remitting, or withholding any taxes applicable to the Bounty awarded to you.
NOTE: For public sector employees (government and education), all Bounties must be awarded directly to your public sector organization and subject to receipt of a gift letter signed by the organization’s ethics officer, attorney, or designated executive/officer responsible for the organization’s gifts/ethics policy. Perlin seeks to ensure that by offering Bounties under this Program, it does not create any violation of the letter or spirit of a participant’s applicable gifts and ethics rules.
Perlin may publicly recognize individuals who have been awarded Bounties. Perlin at it is discretion may recognize you on web properties or other printed materials unless you explicitly ask us not to include your name/username.
See the Perlin Privacy Statement disclosures relating to the collection and use of your information in connection with the Program.
CODE OF CONDUCT
By participating in the Program, you will follow these rules:
- Don’t do anything illegal.
- Don’t engage in any activity that exploits, harms, or threatens to harm children.
- Don’t send spam. Spam is unwanted or unsolicited bulk email, postings, contact requests, SMS (text messages), or instant messages.
- Don’t share inappropriate content or material (involving, for example, nudity, bestiality, pornography, graphic violence, or criminal activity).
- Don’t engage in activity that is false or misleading.
- Don’t engage in activity that is harmful to you, the Program, or others (e.g., transmitting viruses, stalking, posting terrorist content, communicating hate speech, or advocating violence against others).
- Don’t infringe upon the rights of others (e.g., unauthorized sharing of copyrighted material) or engage in activity that violates the privacy of others.
- Don’t help others break these rules.
If you violate these Terms, you may be prohibited from participating in the Program in the future and any Submissions you have provided may be deemed to be ineligible for Bounty payments.
Perlin MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, GUARANTEES OR CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE PROGRAM. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAW, WE EXCLUDE ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM. YOU MAY HAVE CERTAIN RIGHTS UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAW. NOTHING IN THESE TERMS IS INTENDED TO AFFECT THOSE RIGHTS, IF THEY ARE APPLICABLE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & BINDING ARBITRATION
If you have any basis for recovering damages in connection with the Program (including breach of these Terms), you agree that your exclusive remedy is to recover, from Perlin direct damages up to $100.00. You can’t recover any other damages or losses, including direct, consequential, lost profits, special, indirect, incidental, or punitive. These limitations and exclusions apply even if this remedy doesn’t fully compensate you for any losses or fails of its essential purpose or if we knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages. To the maximum extent permitted by law, these limitations and exclusions apply to anything or any claims related to these Terms and the Program.
These Terms, the Perlin Privacy Statement, and any applicable Product Program Terms are the entire agreement between you and Perlin for your Participation in the Program. It supersedes any prior agreements between you and Perlin regarding your participation in the Program. All parts of these Terms apply to the maximum extent permitted by relevant law. If a court or arbitrator holds that we can’t enforce a part of these Terms as written, we may replace those terms with similar terms to the extent enforceable under the relevant law, but the rest of these Terms won’t change.
Other than your Submission, Perlin does not consider or accept unsolicited proposals or ideas, including without limitation ideas for new products, technologies, promotions, product names, product feedback and product improvements (“Unsolicited Feedback“). If you send any Unsolicited Feedback to Perlin through the Program or otherwise, Perlin makes no assurances that your ideas will be treated as confidential or proprietary.
BY SENDING SUBMISSIONS OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM, YOU ARE DEEMED TO AGREE TO AND ACCEPT THESE TERMS.